Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Vacation Work Out - Whit


Hey there! If you are a member of Anytime Fitness Regina, you may recognize me. My name is Whitney Lupastin and I am the Business Manager at Anytime Fitness Regina. 

This winter my family and I went on a winter get away to our condo in Cancun Mexico. Although I am on vacation I still have my runners on hand and try to get some work outs in. Since my dad and I are usually awake before anyone else we like to get an early bike ride in to start the day. He is the reason I started biking in the first place and since I am definitely a daddies girl, this is a great time and a great place to spend some time together. This year I lucked out to have six of my close friends book a last minute flight to join my family on this winter get away. Unfortunately, most of them "forgot" their runners. On the last day or their vacation we had a get together on the condo roof top. One of my brothers, Jordan, wanted to work out with me so we found our 10lb medicine ball and started with some arm work outs including bicep curls, triceps extensions, squats to shoulder press and then some partner core exercises. Jordan and I worked together on these works outs and then he had an idea. Jordan wanted to start a competition to prove to me that he can be stronger than me even though he doesn't "workout at a gym". These competitions started friendly with the length of time holding the 10lb medicine ball with one hand straight out beside us, then in front of us... more and more of our friends started getting involved with these challenges. More ideas and challenges were suggested from push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups and other body weight exercises. It was a fun way for all of us to get involved and to work out without actually feeling like we had a workout. 

If you ask Jordan he would probably say he's stronger, but we all know he's not ;) . 

So the moral of this Blog is to show you that even though you are on vacation you can still work up a sweat. Grab a towel and do some yoga or do a couple extra lengths in the ocean, use your body as the weight and do some interval training. When you get back from your vacation it won't be as hard to
 "get back into it". 

You don't even need your runners! 

Below is a short video on our push-up challenge!!




No comments:

Post a Comment